Friday, February 21, 2014

FEELIN' GROOVY FRIDAY


I love days when everything comes together and falls into place per.fect.ly. I have a smile on my face from ear to ear and I look around and think, "Wow. This is groovy man." Yep. I'm a throwback kid. I didn't grow up in the 60's but I wish I had. I love everything about the 60's and I will live the rest of my life totally bummed that I missed out on 'Woodstock.' When I watch the documentaries on 'Woodstock' I love to watch the people swaying to the music so gracefully, free spirits embracing the moment, granted, higher than kites and stoned off their asses but still, to me, beautiful. I love their clothes and their hair adorned with flowers, their love beads and their body art and I wonder where all of them are today. How many survived the 60's and how many are still free spirits roaming about spreading words of peace,love, and flower power. How many of them are still embracing "the moment."


Embracing the moment is a way of life for me. It started as a thought and as they say, "thoughts become actions" and so it began for me. A way of "being" rather than just a way of thinking. Simply put, it is a habit and as with any habit, the more you engage the stronger it becomes. That's not to say that I don't have my "down" days, I wouldn't be human if I didn't but over time those "down" days come fewer and farther in between and it has become much easier to pull myself up by those proverbial boot straps and bring my mind back into "the moment." How do I do it? Taking a moment to be thankful for all that I have and all that is coming my way, counting my blessings as it were. Listening to music from the 60's, creating a piece of "groovy" art work, going for walks, gardening.. There's just something soothing and somewhat meditative about putting your hands into deep, rich soil. Feeling the warmth and dampness, planting seeds of beauty and nourishment, trusting that Mother Nature will receive our gifts and in turn, bestow upon us her gifts of flowers in the spring and fresh fruits and vegetables in the fall. Melding into my surroundings and feeling at peace, I embrace "the moment" and before I know it, once again I'm "feelin' groovy."


I hope wherever you are you're embracing "the moment" and "feelin' groovy."


0 comments:

Post a Comment